Wednesday, December 3, 2014

No One Gets Out Of Here Alive

Its been a tough week here.  The father of my daughter's best friend died, suddenly, leaving two adolescent girls and his wife three days before Thanksgiving.  Then two nights ago a neighbor's adult son died in his sleep, leaving his mother alone.   Today I'm cooking dinner for the family, slowly walking around the kitchen and meditatively preparing moroccan chicken tagine with roasted cinnamon squash and eggplant, a pot of Italian Wedding Soup, Mujadhara, endive salad and little chocolate pots de creme.  The Soup is for my neighbor, who lives alone.  The rest is for the family of my daughter's friend.  Its peaceful doing this and, for me, its like a kind of walking meditation.  This would make more sense if I'd ever published my post about starting Yoga.  Also I've come back to report that the soup was absolutely inedible and got tossed but the pots de creme were among the best I've ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment