Friday, February 26, 2016

The Clockwise Solution

When my groundbreaking, best selling, future masterpiece "The One Secret of Extremely Successful Aimais" hits the stand I want you all to know I've shared it with you here, first.  I am experimenting with what you might call a Clockwise solution to a linear life. Here's the method.  When you get up from whatever you are doing (writing, lunching, doing laundry, answering email) simply proceed in a clockwise direction.  After lunch I pick up my bowl and go to the kitchen, rinse the bowl and pick up something that needs to go upstairs, take it upstairs and throw in a load of laundry, pick up the thing upstairs that needs to do downstairs, bring it downstairs and move something from the front room to the dining room where I'm working, sit down and do twenty minutes of work before getting back up and wandering on to the next thing, repeat until I've circumnavigated the house and completed all my tasks.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I kept moving clockwise from my bedroom I'd never make it past the laundry room. If I started from anywhere else, I'd never get back to the bedroom. My motto is, two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, intriguing.

    Apparently, at some aquariums, they build in sharp curves or other features to force sharks to change direction occasionally, otherwise they grow accustomed to swimming only in one direction.

    (Also, what's wrong with widdershins? You're so establishment!)

    ReplyDelete