Thursday, October 3, 2013

Dear Suckers (Cross Posted at No More Mr. Nice Blog)


Dear Suckers...

Am I the only one who sees Cantor's new Memo as the equivalent of the recently discovered memo from the Captain of the Titanic?

To: Passengers and Crew of the Titanic
Fr: Your Co-Captain
Re: Current State of Play, Strategy, and Goals

I wanted to take a moment and provide an update as to how I see things developing with respect to the Iceberg.  We are really in an unprecedented place. Consider the following:
The Iceberg is refusing  to actively engage to end the current impasse. Respected author Bob Woodward has called the Iceberg's avoidance of talks “baffling.” The Iceberg and his team’s absence is in stark contrast to the last Iceberg.  During the Iceberg crash of  1995, the Iceberg actively engaged us in an attempt to find a solution.

Our Strategy: While no one can predict with certainty how the current Iceberg Incident will be resolved, I am confident that if we keep advancing common-sense solutions to the problems created by the Iceberg  that the Iceberg will eventually agree to meaningful discussions that would allow us to ultimately resolve this impasse. The American people have chosen to crash on this Iceberg and they expect us to work together and they will not countenance the iceberg simply sitting there and refusing to load the victims onto the boats we do not have.  
It is unfortunate – especially for the men and women who are currently drowning in the water – that we are in this situation. I am willing, as I know you are, to resolve this impasse. And I look forward to the moment when the Iceberg does my job for me and decides to do the same.

Thank you for all your efforts in these trying times.

Eric


No comments:

Post a Comment