Saturday, October 5, 2013

Wonderful Poem

N_B, a frequent poster and self described polar bear has just linked to this wonderful poem over at Lawyer's Guns and Money. I don't know if NB is the poet but I wanted to put this up here so I could go back to it whenever I wanted. It is by a Poet and presumably lots of other things named Raul Gutierrez and it is on his blog at Heading East.  It was published in 2008.


MARCH 18, 2008

Lies I've told my 3 year old recently

Trees talk to each other at night.
All fish are named either Lorna or Jack.
Before your eyeballs fall out from watching too much TV, they get very loose.
Tiny bears live in drain pipes.
If you are very very quiet you can hear the clouds rub against the sky.
The moon and the sun had a fight a long time ago.
Everyone knows at least one secret language.
When nobody is looking, I can fly.
We are all held together by invisible threads.
Books get lonely too.
Sadness can be eaten.
I will always be there.

--Raul Gutierrez

1 comment:

  1. I only wish I had the talent to write that poem.

    ReplyDelete